One of the oldest yet simplest, tastiest and most nutritious breads you can make, sourdough needs only flour, water, salt – and a little time. But what if time is the one thing you don’t have?
In Do Sourdough, Andrew Whitley – a baker of over 30 years who has ‘changed the way we think about bread’– reveals how the slow fermentation that’s key to real sourdough can happen while we’re asleep or at work. And by using his simple and fuss-free method, everyone can make this wonderful bread at home. Discover:
- The basic tools and ingredients you need to get started
- How to create – and refresh – your own sourdough starter
- Delicious recipes for basic loaves as well as sourdough pizza, ciabatta, crumpets and more
- A 7-day plan for the bread you don’t devour immediately
The result isn't just fresh bread made with your own hands and in your own time. It’s the chance to learn new skills, make something to share with family and friends, and change your world – one loaf at a time.
The book contains detailed instructions for making your own starter out of flour and water. If you want to get baking a little quicker, purchase together with the Bread Matters organic sourdough starter that can be brought back to life in a day.
This paperback purchase includes a free ebook download.
- Bread for Doers: Learn to make sourdough with time-saving tips and simple methods
- Create your own sourdough starter to make loaves, pizza, crumpets and more
- Written by a baker with over 30 years' experience
- Colour photography throughout