Every day we deal with the unplanned and the unexpected, from a broken toaster to losing (or gaining) a major client or navigating our way through a global pandemic. Our natural ability to improvise gets us through. But we feel as if we’re winging it, rather than acting with courage and conviction.
First published in 2013 and now fully updated, Robert Poynton shares his acclaimed method taught to some of the world's biggest brands and companies, including Nike, Chanel and PwC, to show us how simple improvisational skills can be applied to the everyday business of work and life.
It's a practice that helps us to navigate life's daily obstacles and remind us how the unplanned and the unexpected can be a source of wonder and delight - leading to moments of serendipity or thoughts and ideas we wouldn't have otherwise have had.
Do Improvise will help you to:
- Become more productive without trying harder
- Overcome creative blocks and generate new ideas
- Respond fluidly to circumstances beyond your control
- Realise that you don't have to know everything
Not sure what to do next? Improvise.
This paperback purchase includes a free ebook download.
For the French edition of Do Improvise, please click here.
For the Spanish edition of Do Improvise, please click here.
- New edition of a book that has become more relevant since first publication in 2013
- How a simple 6-word method drawn from improvisation will help to reduce stress, improve productivity and more
- Now features interviews with facilitators, an artist, an educator and a writer - all of whom use these ideas regularly, at home and work
- Includes game ideas to help your team put the theory into practice