'In conversation, we don’t just talk with individuals, we encounter entire worlds.'
Conversation is about more than communication. It’s how we connect with each other and make sense of the world; it’s an essential part of being human.
So why do some flow, while others are stilted and awkward? Can we make difficult conversations easier?
In this book, Robert Poynton explores the ‘everyday miracle’ that leads to new ideas and deeper relationships. He offers simple ways to improve our natural ability so that we overcome any anxiety, converse more skilfully and have more meaningful interactions. You will:
- Discover it’s not about being clever, witty or winning arguments
- Learn to listen and hold space
- Find out how a simple bit of structure can make all the difference
- Create the conditions for more fruitful conversations
The best conversations aren’t planned or one-sided; they are highly responsive, improvised exchanges. Let’s keep talking.
Available to pre-order now ahead of publication on 7th March 2024.
This paperback purchase includes a free ebook download.
- Part exploration, part celebration of this ‘everyday miracle’ hidden in plain sight
- Addresses changing nature of communication at work and home
- With tips and tools to enhance our natural skills and overcome anxiety
- Third book from bestselling author of Do Pause and Do Improvise