Getting our voices heard can be a nerve-wracking and overwhelming task – particularly in a world where everyone seems to have something to say. The ability to present our ideas with confidence is now a coveted skill. Yet on stage, we become this other person: less funny, less engaging, less human.
Mark Shayler draws on his own experience – from nervous speaker to charismatic compere – to guide you through the task of public speaking. He takes a deeper look at what’s holding you back, and will help you to:
- Find your voice and the confidence to share it
- Learn how to tell stories, not just share data
- Stand and move around the stage comfortably
- Leave the audience informed, entertained and uplifted
Giving a brilliant talk is not about following a method. It's not about rules. It's about understanding what you want the audience to think, feel and do afterwards. Ultimately, it's about being more you.
- New book from Mark Shayler, author of Do Disrupt
- Key business skill - get to grips with it and get much better at it
- Contains reassuring advice, practical guidance and some funny stories