Do Design - Why beauty is key to everything Alan Moore
So much passes us by, unnoticed. We multi-task, switch between screens, work faster. When was the last time you paused to consider a beautifully-made object or stunning natural landscape? Yet this is when our spirits lift and our soul is restored.
Designer Alan Moore invites us to rethink not only what we produce – whether it’s a website, a handmade chair, or a business – but how and why. With examples from Apple, Yeo Valley and Blitz Motorcycles, we are encouraged to ask: is it useful and considered. Is it a thing of beauty?
Do Design will inspire you to:
- Improve your creative process
- Raise the quality and craft of your work
- Consider the experience as much as the product
- Adopt simplicity, utility and honesty as guiding principles
We are creative beings. We love to make things. This book will inspire you to create better things for better reasons. Things that people will love – for a long time to come. Some say beauty is a luxury. But what if it is key to creating a better world for us all?
This paperback purchase includes a free ebook download.
For the French edition of Do Design, please click here.
For the Spanish edition of Do Design, please click here.
- An inspirational handbook for makers, designers and creatives
- A timely call to make things that are more considered
- Includes 14 steps to improving our creative process
- Features examples from Blitz Motorcycles, Gransfors Bruk, Yeo Valley, Apple