Do Grow – Start with 10 simple vegetables Alice Holden
Ever wanted to grow your own but don’t have the time, the space, or even know where to start?
Alice Holden, one of Britain’s most pioneering female growers, has spent her life outdoors working on small and large scales – from kitchen gardens to commercial farms. In Do Grow, she’ll help optimise the space and time available to you – even if it’s just a window box and 10 minutes a week - with simple-to-follow guidance, plus advice on:
- The basics for your gardening tool kit
- How to make your own compost
- Common garden pests to watch out for
- How to keep your soil fertile
With delicious recipes from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, Pam Corbin and others that Alice has worked with over the years, Do Grow is an accessible and inviting guide to growing, harvesting, and preparing farm-to-table meals from your very own edible garden.
This paperback edition includes a free ebook download.
- Focuses on just 10 vegetables and gives enough basic info to get started
- Contains colour photographs and line drawings throughout
- Aimed at busy people short on time and space
- Includes recipes from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and others