Do Drama - How to stop watching TV. And start writing it Lucy Gannon
Have you ever said, 'I'd love to write a script, but don't know where to start'? Or watched the latest binge-worthy Netflix series and thought you could do better?
Do Drama explores the how and why of writing drama, not as an instruction manual, but as a lively conversation with one of Britain's most prolific and successful screenwriters, Lucy Gannon. And she didn't write her first play until she was 39.
By sharing what she has learned over three decades of writing primetime drama, she will now help you, whether a novice or more experienced writer, to:
- Write your script from the first scene to the last
- Create vivid characters with a personality and a past
- Develop storylines, structure and write a treatment
- Understand how the industry works so you can take your next step
Writing drama is not about education, class or cleverness, it's about your deep desire to tell stories, to create characters, finding the humour alongside the pathos, to delight and enthral millions. There is no golden path into production. But the world is hungry for talent. You are the talent. So, what are you waiting for?
This paperback purchase includes a free ebook download.
- First book on screenwriting from one of Britain's most prolific and successful TV dramatists
- Suitable for novice writers and beyond
- Advice on getting your finished script into the right hands
- Brilliant quotes throughout from leading actors and screenwriters
- Warning: highly motivating, you will finish that first draft!